The Mercy Hospital in Fort Smith, AR gives new moms and their families peace of mind with experienced, compassionate physicians and staff who handle each delivery with the utmost care.
- We welcome more than 2,000 babies into the world each year, but our birthing services begin with unsurpassed prenatal care and extend well into the weeks and months after you take your baby home.
- Our modern, beautifully designed birthing suites create the perfect, home-like atmosphere for your child’s birth.
- A special date night dinner is offered to new moms and dads getting ready to leave the hospital.
- A certified lactation consultant helps ensure the well-being of you and your newborn baby.
- Outpatient lactation consultations are offered through a local pediatrician’s office.
- Parenting classes are available through a Mercy Clinic Fort Smith pediatrician’s office.
- Our Level III NICU allows newborns with special needs to stay close to home and family during those first precious days.
- Pediatricians are on staff to help prevent and manage health problems in infants.
Labor and Delivery Suites
Mercy Fort Smith Labor and Delivery area includes 30 labor and delivery suites, recovery and postpartum suites, four observation beds, four ante-partum rooms and two cesarean section operating rooms. Each suite is designed to make your family completely comfortable during your entire stay. The entire area is monitored with an infant security system.