300 Werner St.
Hot Springs, AR 71913
- Mercy Hospital Hot Springs
- Mercy Heart and Vascular Center
- Mercy Cancer Center
- Mercy Women’s Center
- Mercy Diabetes and Wound Center
1636 Higdon Ferry Road
Hot Springs, AR 71913
- 1888 - Mother Mary Aloysius and Sister Mary Clare come to
Hot Springs from Little Rock in a horse-drawn buggy with $1 and a five-story building and open St. Joseph’s Infirmary.
- 1927 - After a fire destroys the original 30-bed infirmary, a new hospital is built.
- 1960 - St. Joseph’s made rapid progress in the 1960s, opening a Coronary Care Unit, the first of its kind in Arkansas and one of the first in the country.
- 1991 - St. Joseph’s moves into its current location at 300 Werner Street. Exactly one year later, Labor and Delivery opens and the first baby is born at St. Joseph’s after more than 30 years without a maternity ward. The Mercy Cancer Center also opens
Just the Facts:
- Among only six percent of health care organizations nationwide to have a comprehensive, integrated electronic health record system that provides real-time, paperless access to patient information.
- The Mercy Cancer Center features Interventional Radiology, including Chemoembolization, Tumor Ablation, Nano-knife Irreversible Electroporation and Y 90 SIR-Spheres. Mercy Hospital also offers Intensity-modulated radiation therapy (IMRT), Image Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT), Brachytherapy (prostate and gynecologic) and Stereotactic Radiosurgery.
- Mercy Hospital features the region’s only da Vinci Surgical System for both gynecologic and prostate procedures.
- The Mercy Telestroke Program provides stroke care 24 hours per day, 7 days per week 365 days per year.
- Mercy Hospital Hot Springs was founded in 1888 and is the second-oldest health care institution in Arkansas.
- Mercy Hospital Hot Springs was the first in Arkansas to open a coronary care unit (1960), a cardiac catheterization lab (1975), perform an open heart surgery (1985), implant coronary stents (1990), provide 64-slice CT scanner (2006) and provide comprehensive heart and vascular services all in one location.
- Mercy Hospital Hot Springs features a 40,386-square-foot Emergency Department with a Level II Trauma Center designation. It is the only Level II Trama Center in southwest Arkansas.
- Mercy Hospital Hot Springs was the first in the nation to be named an ‘Exemplar Hospital’ by the Institute for Healthcare Improvement for the Mercy Joint Program’s status as a leader in the Project JOINTS initiative.
- The Sleep Disorders Center was granted a full program accreditation by the AASM, which is the gold standard by which the medical community evaluates sleep medicine services.
- The Mercy Cancer Center is one of only seven in Arkansas to be accredited by the American College of Surgeons’ Commission on Cancer. Less than 25 percent of all cancer programs in the United States hold this accreditation.
- Received both the 2010 and 2011 Innovator Award from the Arkansas Foundation for Medical Care. The 2010 award was for the establishment of the Mercy Joint Program to support patients who receive joint replacements. The 2011 award was for the implementation of the fully-integrated electronic health record.
- Only the third business in the state to be presented with the prestigious Ambassador Award at the Arkansas Governor’s Work-Life Balance Awards.
Mercy is the sixth largest Catholic health care system in the U.S. and includes 31 hospitals, more than 200 outpatient facilities, 38,000 co-workers and 1,600 integrated physicians across four states: