You have multiple opportunities for a career at Mercy. We hire new graduates and newly licensed RN’s in many of our clinical areas. We have a Nurse Residency program to help you successfully transition into your new nursing role. You will receive one on one mentoring by a knowledgeable and experienced nurse. We will tailor the program to meet your individual needs.
• You’re welcome to apply online at /careers any time during your last semester of nursing school.
• If you have not yet graduated, please note your expected graduation date in the Education section of the application.
• Please allow 30 to 45 minutes to complete the application and another 30 to 45 minutes to do the Talent Online Assessment (TOA). The TOA must be completed in order for your application to be considered. You will only take this assessment one time, no matter how many positions you apply for in the future.
RN, New Graduate*
Please only apply to positions to which you meet the MINIMUM qualifications. If “years of experience” is not specified in the minimum qualifications, you can apply to that position.
• We will contact you if you are selected to start the interview process. Your top three areas of interest will be discussed at the time of the interview. New nurses will have an opportunity to rotate through several areas of interest to determine the best fit as a new Mercy nurse.
• Please allow two to four weeks for the interview process. We appreciate your patience as we review the applicants.
• Once you’ve submitted your application, you can check its status online any time at /careers.
The Mercy Scholarship Program is open to both internal and external applicants, providing awards for students of nursing and other approved health-care programs. Interested in the Mercy Scholarship program? Please carefully review the individual programs and eligibility requirements.
The Mercy Hospital Joplin’s Summer Student Nurse Extern Program offers nursing students with at least two semesters of nursing school, the opportunity to gain valuable clinical knowledge and skills through temporary summer employment. The program supports the student nurse's professional development as it provides a skill development with an RN Mentor that works closely with the Student Nurse Extern (SNE) in a supportive environment. The Student Nurse Extern Program is held during the months of June and July. It offers a variety of clinical areas in which to perform nursing duties.
Students will have the opportunity, under the supervision of a registered nurse, to: