Mercy Family Medicine Residency program only accepts applications for residency positions through ERAS. Applications are accepted through December 15 of each calendar year. A minimum of three letters of references, a Dean’s letter, medical school transcript and a report of all USMLE and/or COMLEX attempts is required for a complete application.
Mercy Family Medicine desires a diverse physician workforce. In addition to diversity, part of our mission is to grow Missouri’s physician workforce. As such, candidates who would be ineligible for a permanent Missouri physician license are unlikely to be considered for interview or ranking.
International Medical Graduates
International medical graduates meeting the following criteria may be considered for an interview with our program:
- Must be a US citizen or permanent resident
- Must have graduated medical school within the last 5 years
- Must have clinical experience in the US within the last 12 months.
- Need to submit 3 letters of recommendation, at least one from a US physician
- Must apply through ERAS to have your application considered
- Must have passed USMLE steps 1 & 2 on your first attempt, with a preferred minimum score of 200 or greater
Medical School Affiliations
The Family Medicine program is formally affiliated with Saint Louis University School of Medicine and maintains strong ties with Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis and A.T. Still University in Kirksville, MO. We also accept students from many other medical schools for rotations with our program.