- 12-month ASHP Candidate Status PGY-2 Pharmacy Ambulatory Care Residency
- Start date: 7/11/2022
The purpose of the Mercy Hospital Springfield PGY-2 Residency in Ambulatory Care is to empower pharmacists with the tools and experiences to develop the clinical, practice management and precepting skills to be a successful ambulatory care pharmacy clinician in a variety of practice settings. Completing an Ambulatory Care Residency at a large Community Health System allows the resident to develop practice management and service expansion skills in addition to building on clinical skills developed during a PGY-1 program. Mercy’s partnerships with multiple healthcare education programs, including schools of pharmacy, provide elective opportunities for residents to explore academia interests.
The Mercy Hospital Springfield PGY-2 Ambulatory Care Residency was established in 2021. The program is currently in candidate status and will undergo a site visit and survey for full ASHP Accreditation status in the Spring of 2022.
About Mercy Hospital Springfield
- Founded in 1891
- Accountable Care Organization
- Clinic and Outpatient Facilities: 233
- Mercy Clinic Physicians/Advanced Practice Clinicians: 927
- Outpatient Visits: 453,738 (annual, 2020)
- St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital Affiliate Clinic
- Hospital Beds: 947 licensed
- Level I Adult Trauma Center
- Mercy Co-Worker Benefits: Residents are eligible for health, dental, and vision insurance starting on their first day of work. Other benefits include paid time off and travel stipends for required meetings.
- ASHP Listing
- ASHP Code: 64901
- Deadline: First Friday in January
- Required Application Materials (to be submitted in PhORCAS)
- Letter of intent
- Current CV
- Copy of pharmacy academic transcript(s)
- PhORCAS Recommendation (3)
- Must include recommendation from PGY1 Residency Program Director