Before Mercy began the brand process in 2011, our ministry included 28 hospitals and 1,400 doctors operating under various names throughout many different states.
Today, our ministry has grown to the sixth largest Catholic health care system in the U.S. and serves more than 3 million people annually.
Here are the latest Mercy stats:
• Acute care service area: Arkansas, Kansas, Missouri and Oklahoma
• Outreach ministries in Louisiana, Mississippi and Texas
• 33 acute care hospitals
• Four heart hospitals
• Two children’s hospitals
• Two rehab hospitals
• One orthopedic hospital
• 300 outpatient facilities
• 40,000 co-workers
• More than 2,100 Mercy Clinic physicians
• 55 Sisters of Mercy in active health care ministry