BALLWIN, Missouri - Bring a friend and come to Mercy's new "Living Your Best Life" health and wellness fair, focusing on cancer awareness, disease prevention strategies, health screenings, promoting healthy lifestyles, survivorship and finding resources within the community.
From 5 to 8 p.m. on Thursday, April 30, at Mercy Clayton Clarkson there will be booths focusing on health, beauty and wellness, community resources, yoga and chef demonstrations, mammograms*, blood pressure screening, as well as food and beverages from local restaurants.
Featured talks by Mercy experts include:
- Breast Cancer Screening and Risk Reduction – Abigail Hoffman, MD, Mercy Clinic breast surgeon
- Bariatric Surgery and Weight and Wellness – Matthew Lange, MD, Mercy Clinic bariatric surgeon, and Katie Fann, RND, Mercy Clinic dietician
- GI Issues and Colon Cancer Prevention – Kacyi Huff, MD, Mercy Clinic gastroenterologist
- Cancer Survivorship – Laura Hooper, NP, Mercy Clinic oncology and breast surgery nurse pratitioner
- Mercy Integrative Medicine - Yoga and balance assessments
- Mercy Osteoporis Clinic and bone density screening information
- High risk breast cancer screening and genetics
- Registration for health screenings - Mammograms*, lung, colonoscopies, bone density and cardiovascular screenings.
- Cancer Information Booth with Mercy nurse navigators and social workers
- Mercy Road to Freedom smoking cessation program
- Mercy-GoHealth Urgent Care
- and more.
- SLOCA - St. Louis Ovarian Cancer Awareness
- Cancer Support Community
- Faith through Fire
- Gateway to Hope
*Mammograms must be scheduled in advance and an insurance card will be needed at the time of screening. Please call 314-251-6300 option #1 to schedule.