Mercy has adopted leading industry protocols to ensure the highest quality and safety standards that keep our patients, co-workers and visitors as safe as possible while on our campus. Although Mercy still encourages limited visitation to keep unnecessary interaction at a minimum, Mercy Hospital Oklahoma City and Mercy Clinic are revising their visitation policies, as well as campus guidelines in certain areas.
We appreciate your patience and understanding as Mercy’s response evolves and various protocols are updated. Ultimately, the goal is to maintain the safest environment possible for our patients and co-workers.
Please review the following guidelines, which are effective September 15, 2020:
Mercy Hospital Oklahoma City Visitor Restrictions
- Patients receiving inpatient care may now have one patient representative per room.
- Mercy Hospital Oklahoma City inpatient visiting hours are 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Patients receiving outpatient procedures may be accompanied by one patient representative.
- Emergency department patients may be accompanied by one patient representative.
- Family Birthplace and NICU patients may have two patient representatives per room.
- All patient representatives must be ages 16 and up.
- Out of an abundance of caution, patients who have tested positive for COVID-19, as well as those with pending test results, may not have a patient representative at this time.
Mercy Hospital Oklahoma City Campus Guidelines
- All individuals entering the Mercy Hospital Oklahoma City and Mercy Clinic campuses will be screened for symptoms upon arrival. Co-workers and campus patient representatives are required to wear face masks at all times. Patient representatives are encouraged to bring their own masks with them, in addition to practicing proper hand hygiene.
- After being screened at Mercy Hospital Oklahoma City, patient representatives will receive a color-coded wristband. Colors will change on a daily basis.
- The Mercy Hospital Oklahoma City cafeteria is open, but individuals in this area are asked to observe safe social distancing practices, standing at an appropriate distance from others. Individuals making food selections or waiting in lines are asked to wear a mask until they begin eating.
- Elevator use at all Mercy OKC locations is restricted to four individuals at one time.
- Furniture has been spaced at appropriate distances throughout the campus. Individuals are asked not to congregate in groups in common areas.
- Mercy will be continuing to maintain rigorous cleaning protocols at all locations during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- An overflow waiting space will be provided in the conference center at Mercy Hospital Oklahoma City to accommodate patient representatives practicing social distancing.
Mercy Rehabilitation Hospital Oklahoma City Restrictions
- Patients may have one visitor per day during the hours of 9 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Visitors will not be allowed to swap out during the same day. The visitor may leave and return once during visiting hours.
- Visitors entering the Mercy Rehabilitation Hospitlal Oklahoma City will be screened for travel, symptoms and temperature upon arrival.
- Visitors are required to wear masks during the entirety of their stay. Violations to the mask policy will be reported and repeated violations will result in visitation rights being revoked.
- Visitors are only allowed in the patient's room. No visiting is allowed in public spaces outside the patient's room.
- Meals are not available for purchase in the cafe.
Mercy Clinic Visitor Restrictions
- One visitor 18 or older per clinic patient
- Those serving as interpreters or acting as health care power of attorney are not considered visitors and are welcome in our clinics.
- Young children may also accompany parents/guardians if childcare isn’t available.