Mercy has adopted leading industry protocols to ensure the highest quality and safety standards that keep our patients, co-workers and visitors as safe as possible while on our campus. Although Mercy still encourages limited visitation to keep unnecessary interaction at a minimum, Mercy Hospital Oklahoma City and Mercy Clinic are revising their visitation policies, as well as campus guidelines in certain areas.
We appreciate your patience and understanding as Mercy’s response evolves and various protocols are updated. Ultimately, the goal is to maintain the safest environment possible for our patients and co-workers.
Please review the following guidelines, which are effective today Monday, June 1, 2020:
- Patients receiving inpatient care may now have one patient representative per room.
- Mercy Hospital Oklahoma City inpatient visiting hours are 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Patients receiving outpatient procedures may be accompanied by one patient representative.
- Emergency department patients may be accompanied by one patient representative.
- Family Birthplace and NICU patients may have two patient representatives per room.
- Mercy Clinic patients may be accompanied by one patient representative.
- All patient representatives must be ages 16 and up.
- Out of an abundance of caution, patients who have tested positive for COVID-19, as well as those with pending test results, may not have a patient representative at this time.
- All individuals entering the Mercy Hospital Oklahoma City and Mercy Clinic campuses will be screened for symptoms upon arrival. Co-workers and campus patient representatives are required to wear face masks at all times. Patient representatives are encouraged to bring their own masks with them, in addition to practicing proper hand hygiene.
- After being screened at Mercy Hospital Oklahoma City, patient representatives will receive a color-coded wristband. Colors will change on a daily basis.
- The Mercy Hospital Oklahoma City cafeteria is open, but individuals in this area are asked to observe safe social distancing practices, standing at an appropriate distance from others. Individuals making food selections or waiting in lines are asked to wear a mask until they begin eating.
- Elevator use at all Mercy OKC locations is restricted to four individuals at one time.
- Furniture has been spaced at appropriate distances throughout the campus. Individuals are asked not to congregate in groups in common areas.
- Mercy will be continuing to maintain rigorous cleaning protocols at all locations during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- An overflow waiting space will be provided in the conference center at Mercy Hospital Oklahoma City to accommodate patient representatives practicing social distancing.