Mercy Hospital Ardmore and Mercy Clinic have adopted leading industry protocols to ensure the highest quality and safety standards that keep our patients, co-workers and visitors as safe as possible while on our campus. Although Mercy still encourages limited visitation to keep unnecessary interaction at a minimum, Mercy has revised its visitation policies, as well as campus guidelines in certain areas.
We appreciate your patience and understanding as Mercy’s response evolves and various protocols are updated. Ultimately, the goal is to maintain the safest environment possible for our patients and co-workers.
Please review the following guidelines, effective June 3rd:
Hospital Visitor Restrictions
- Patients receiving inpatient care may now have one patient representative per room.
- Minor patients will be allowed one patient representative or (2) guardians.
- Inpatient visiting hours are:
- Monday – Friday | 6 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Weekend | 8 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Inpatient Rehab
- Daily | 3 p.m. – 6 p.m.
- Patients receiving outpatient procedures or exams may be accompanied by one patient representative.
- Emergency department patients may be accompanied by one patient representative.
- Family Birthplace may have one patient representative per room.
- Out of an abundance of caution, patients who have tested positive for COVID-19, as well as those with pending test results, may not have a patient representative at this time.
- Mercy Clinic patients may be accompanied by one patient representative.
- All patient representatives must be ages 16 and up.
- All individuals entering the Mercy Hospital Ardmore campus and Mercy Clinic locations will be screened for symptoms upon arrival. Co-workers and campus patient representatives are required to wear face masks at all times. Patient representatives are asked to bring their own masks with them, in addition to practicing proper hand hygiene.
- After being screened, co-workers will receive a color-coded dot; patient representatives will receive a color-coded wristband. Colors will change on a daily basis.
- The Mercy Hospital Ardmore cafeteria is open, but individuals in this area are asked to observe safe social distancing practices, standing at an appropriate distance from others. Individuals making food selections or waiting in lines are asked to wear a mask until they begin eating.
- Elevator use is restricted to four individuals at one time.
- Furniture has been spaced at appropriate distances throughout the campus. Individuals are asked not to congregate in groups in common areas.
- Mercy will be continuing to maintain rigorous cleaning protocols during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Clinic Visitor Restrictions
- One visitor 18 or older per clinic patient
- Those serving as interpreters or acting as health care power of attorney are not considered visitors and are welcome in our clinics.
- Young children may also accompany parents/guardians if childcare isn’t available.