To protect patients, the community and our co-workers, Mercy will expand visitor restrictions in its Southwest Missouri and Southeast Kansas communities beginning Saturday, March 28.
No visitors will be allowed in the hospital with the exception of the following:
- Visitors for end-of-life care at the discretion of the provider
- One visitor per OB patient (or two guardians)
- One visitor per pediatric patient (or two guardians)
- One visitor per NICU patient (or two guardians)
- One visitor for urgent procedures or their driver
The restrictions apply to Mercy facilities in:
- Joplin MO
- Carthage, MO
- Columbus, KS
- Galena, KS
We apologize for any inconvenience and we hope these decisions will help protect our community and patients.