Mercy has adopted leading industry protocols to ensure the highest quality and safety standards that keep our patients, co-workers and visitors as safe as possible while on our campus. Although Mercy still encourages limited visitation to keep unnecessary interaction at a minimum, Mercy Hospital Oklahoma City South has revised its visitation policies, as well as campus guidelines in certain areas.
We appreciate your patience and understanding as Mercy’s response evolves and various protocols are updated. Ultimately, the goal is to maintain the safest environment possible for our patients and co-workers.
Please review the following guidelines, effective June 23, 2020:
Hospital Visitor Restrictions
- Patients receiving inpatient care may now have one patient representative.
- Patients receiving outpatient procedures may be accompanied by one patient representative.
- Emergency department patients may be accompanied by one patient representative, at the discretion of the provider/clinical team to maintain patient safety.
- Birthplace patients may have two patient representatives.
- Pediatric patients under the age of 18 may have two designated visitors on the inpatient units.
- Due to space constraints and the goal to make safe social distancing possible, infusion patients may not have patient representatives/visitors with them for infusion appointments; however, one patient representative is welcome to accompany them for consults and follow-up appointments.
- Inpatient Behavioral Health will continue with no visitors at this time, with the exception of inpatient child/adolescent areas where one parent is allowed.
- Out of an abundance of caution, patients who have tested positive for COVID-19, as well as those with pending test results, may not have a patient representative at this time.
- Mercy Clinic patients may be accompanied by one patient representative.
- All patient representatives must be ages 16 and up.
- Visitation 10 am – 6 pm
- All individuals entering the Mercy Hospital Oklahoma City South will be screened for symptoms upon arrival. Co-workers and patient representatives are required to wear face masks at all times. Patient representatives are encouraged to bring their own masks with them, in addition to practicing proper hand hygiene.
- Furniture has been spaced at appropriate distances and Mercy will be continuing to maintain rigorous cleaning protocols at all locations during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Clinic Visitor Restrictions
- One visitor 18 or older per clinic patient
- Those serving as interpreters or acting as health care power of attorney are not considered visitors and are welcome in our clinics.
- Young children may also accompany parents/guardians if childcare isn’t available.