Mercy has adopted leading industry protocols to ensure the highest quality and safety standards to keep our patients, co-workers and visitors as safe as possible while on our campus. Mercy is restricting visitors at its hospital campuses and clinics across Oklahoma and providing guidelines for mask requirements on campus.
We appreciate your patience and understanding as Mercy’s response evolves and protocols are updated. Ultimately, the goal is to maintain the safest possible environment.
The following policy is effective August 2, 2021:
Hospital Visitor Restrictions
- Visitation hours: 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Patients receiving inpatient care may have one designated patient representative per room.
- Patients receiving outpatient procedures may be accompanied by one patient representative.
- Emergency department patients may be accompanied by one patient representative.
- Patients who have tested positive for COVID-19, as well as those with pending test results, may not have a patient representative.
- All patient representatives must be ages 16 and up.
- Three visitors will be allowed for all patients nearing the end of life.
- ·We will continue to welcome anyone serving as interpreters or acting as health care power of attorney for patients, as they are not considered visitors.
- All individuals entering the Mercy Hospital Healdton will be screened for symptoms upon arrival. Co-workers and patient representatives are required to wear face masks at all times. Patient representatives are encouraged to bring their own masks with them, in addition to practicing proper hand hygiene.
Clinic Visitor Restrictions
- One visitor per clinic patient.
- Those serving as interpreters or acting as health care power of attorney are not considered visitors and are welcome in our clinics.
- Young children may also accompany parents/guardians if childcare isn’t available.