Mercy has adopted leading industry protocols to ensure the highest quality and safety standards to keep our patients, co-workers and visitors as safe as possible while on our campus. Mercy is restricting visitors at its hospital campuses and clinics across the Oklahoma City metro area and providing guidelines for mask requirements on campus.
We appreciate your patience and understanding as Mercy’s response evolves and protocols are updated. Ultimately, the goal is to maintain the safest possible environment.
Please review the following guidelines, which are effective Monday, May 22, 2021:
Patients will be allowed two designated visitors for the entirety of their inpatient stay or outpatient visit. These two visitors may not swap with another guest during a patient's visit. This policy is effective at the following Mercy campuses:
- Mercy Hospital Oklahoma City
- Mercy Hospital Oklahoma City – South
- Mercy Edmond I-35 campus (excluding Mercy Clinics)
Exceptions to the visitor policy are listed below:
- All patients who have tested positive for COVID-19, as well as those with pending test results, may not have a visitor at this time
- Three visitors will be allowed for all patients nearing the end of life.
- All visitors must be 16 or older.
- Intensive Care Unit:
- Patients are allowed two designated visitors from 8 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Emergency Department:
- Patients in the emergency department will be allowed two designated visitors once the patient is assigned to a room. Visitors may not wait in the lobby, must wear a mask, and stay in the patient’s room at all times.
Policy for patients in the Coletta Building and oncology and infusion patients at Mercy Hospital Oklahoma City - South (3rd floor):
One visitor age 16 and older will be allowed to accompany patients needing support during a consultation for a new cancer diagnosis, first treatment or difficult conversations including transitioning to palliative care, hospice or end of life care.
Patients are allowed to have two visitors in the room at a time per day. The two visitors may change each day but cannot swap out on the same day. Visitors are welcome between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m. and are required to wear a mask. Visitors are not allowed in common areas, the gym or cafe.
Mercy Clinic Visitor Restrictions
To help prevent the spread of COVID-19, all Mercy Clinic locations across the ministry are limiting visitors to one per patient. Mercy is temporarily requesting visitor limits like this for the safety of our patients, our care teams and our communities. We will continue to welcome those serving as interpreters or acting as health care power of attorney for patients, as they are not "visitors." Young children may also accompany parents/guardians if child care is not available.