Effective January 1, 2018, Mercy will be in-network with a number of Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield health insurance plans.
Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield’s Blue Access, Pathway/Pathway X and Medicare Advantage networks in Joplin will have access to Mercy doctors, hospitals, labs, imaging facilities and other healthcare services.
Because of its efficient, quality care, Mercy recently was named one of the top five large health systems for the second year in a row by IBM Watson Health’s Truven Health Analytics.
In addition to quality care across the board, patients in these Anthem plans will have access to a variety of Mercy health care specialties in Joplin that include:
- More than 80 Mercy physicians
- More than 100 care locations
- Convenient Care – 4 area locations for non-emergent health needs 7 days a week
- Mercy hospitals located in Joplin and Carthage
- A new hospital in Joplin with all private patient rooms, state-of-the-art technology and storm-hardened features (F5 rated facility)
- Mercy Kids general pediatrics and Pediatric Specialist Outreach Clinics in Joplin, and a Mercy Children's Hospital in Springfield with dozens of local physician subspecialists including pediatric critical care, cancer, orthopedics, endocrinology and neurosurgery
- Birthing suites that enable mothers to labor, deliver and recover in the same room
- 3-D mammography and automated breast ultrasound (ABUS) for the most accurate diagnosis of breast cancer.
- Cancer Center is all in one location – Oncology/Hematology, Chemo Infusion; Radiation Oncology; Linear Accelerator; Oncology Boutique with certified mastectomy fitters and American Cancer Society office inside. The most advanced radiation therapy technology which results in more convenient, faster care
- A neonatal intensive unit with private rooms that give families the space to participate in their child’s care
- First Hybrid Operating Room in Joplin for open heart and brain surgeries
- The only robotic surgeons in Southwest MO – 3 gynecologists, 6 urologists and 2 general surgeons. Robotic surgery lessens the pain and recovery time of traditional operations
- Advanced specialty services for cardiovascular, spine, bariatrics, neurology and many more
- Mercy Virtual Care Center, the nation’s only virtual care facility providing 24/7 monitoring and health care for patients in Mercy’s ERs, ICUs, Inpatient rooms and in home
- MyMercy, a free service that allows patients to connect online with their doctors, plus see medical information, view test results, renew prescriptions, and schedule appointments and e-visits using a personal computer, tablet or smartphone
Call the Mercy find-a-doctor service at 844-672-9362 in the Joplin and Carthage areas.