Effective January 1, 2018, Mercy Joplin will be in-network with a number of Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas health insurance plans.
Kansas residents with Blue Cross and Blue Shield’s plan which are part of the Blue Card network will have access to Mercy Joplin doctors, hospitals, labs, imaging facilities and other health care services.
Patients with the following plans will receive in-network privileges at Mercy Joplin: Blue Choice, Preferred Care, Preferred Care Blue, Pathway/Pathway X and Medicare Advantage.
For a full list of Blue Cross Blue Shield plans accepting Mercy providers, click here.
Because of its efficient, quality care, Mercy recently was named one of the top five large health systems for the second year in a row by IBM Watson Health’s Truven Health Analytics.
In addition to quality care across the board, patients in these Blue Cross Blue Shield plans will have access to a variety of Mercy health care specialties in Joplin that include:
- Mercy hospitals located in Joplin, Carthage, and Springfield
- Mercy Kids Pediatric Specialist Outreach Clinics in Joplin, and a Mercy Children's Hospital in Springfield with dozens of physician subspecialists including pediatric critical care, orthopedics, endocrinology and neurosurgery
- A neonatal intensive unit with private rooms that give families the space to participate in their child’s care
- First Hybrid Operating Room in Joplin for open heart and brain surgeries
- Advanced specialty services for cardiovascular, spine, bariatrics, neurology and many more