Following information is only for service provided in Joplin, MO, Carthage MO or Columbus, KS (Maude Norton).
As part of our healing ministry, Mercy is committed to providing quality health care services to all our patients regardless of their financial situation.
Mercy Eligibility Program
The Mercy Eligibility Program is staffed by a team ready to answer questions about the process of applying for Medicaid coverage. If you have concerns about your ability to pay for your care, or questions about financial assistance, please call us toll free at 844-764-6850 or see our additional resources below.
Mercy grants hospital and clinic financial assistance to patients for medically necessary care based on need, as determined by the Federal Poverty Guidelines which consider household income and family size. If you apply and are eligible, you'll pay no more than the amount generally billed to insured individuals.
- Helps reduce balance for more manageable payments
- One application for both hospital and clinic balances
- Approval based on income, assets and household size
- Remaining balances after a charity adjustment can qualify for a payment plan by calling Customer Service at 855-420-7900 Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 8 p.m. Central.
Mercy Payment Plan
After any appropriate discounts have been applied, arrangements may be made for an interest-free monthly payment plan following the guidelines below:
We will discount Mercy's regular billed charges for patients who do not have insurance or a third party coverage benefit. This includes patients whose financial situation normally would not otherwise qualify them for financial assistance. The discount for all uninsured patients is 35% for hospital services and 25% for professional services.
Financial Assistance Applications and Resources
Hospital & Health Services Financial Assistance:
- Complete the Mercy Hospital Aid Application in English or en Espanol
Professional Services Financial Assistance:
- Complete the Mercy Professional Services Aid Application in English or en Espanol
NHSC Services Financial Assistance:
- Policy references which clinic locations are included in the NHSC Policy
- Compete the National Health Service Aid Application in English or en Espanol
You Have More Options:
Additional resources for medical bill financial assistance can be found through state agencies. Download our guide to state services.
Call our Customer Service team Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 8 p.m. CT at 855-420-7900
You can also view our answers to frequently asked Billing, Payment & Insurance questions.