Our oncology patient navigators program is a free service to guide our cancer patients and their families through their treatment journey. An oncology patient navigator is a registered nurse with clinical experience, who works with your care team to provide timely screening, diagnosis, treatment and support services. You will be referred to this program when you begin your cancer treatment at Mercy, or you may self-refer.
The navigator's role:
- To help patients understand their diagnosis and treatment options.
- To educate patients about appropriate community resources, hospital resources and support services.
- To facilitate timely access to quality medical and psychosocial care through all phases of the cancer experience.
- To serve as an essential link between patients and their health care providers.
Our oncology patient navigators are part of Mercy's Cancer Support Services at the David C. Pratt Cancer Center and at Mercy Breast Center - Tower A and Mercy Breast Center Clayton-Clarkson.
David C. Pratt Cancer Center
- Kathleen Bumberry, RN, BSN, BC, OCN
- Michelle Keating, RN, OCN, MSCN
- Andrea Mose, RNC-WHNP, CBPN-IC
Mercy Breast Center - Tower A
- Vicki Berg Russell, RN, MSN
- Carol Caruso, RN
Mercy Breast Center - Clayton-Clarkson
For more information about the oncology patient navigator program, please call the Cancer Information Center at 314-251-6400.