You won’t celebrate most trips to hospital, but the arrival of your babyis extra special. You can relax with our experienced team at Mercy Family Birthplace in Fort Scott, KS. Our Mercy Family Birthplace features the LDRP concept - labor, delivery, recovery and post-partum care - all in one comfortable, attractive patient room. The birthplace is thoughtfully located on the inpatient care unit between two beautiful courtyards. Each room is designed for maximum privacy and comfort for moms, babies and visitors. All of our nurses are certified in neonatal resuscitation and most have more than 25 years experience in obstetrics and neonatal intensive care.
Other birthing services include:
- Antepartum testing - Sonograms, prenatal screening, lab work, etc. as ordered by physician.
- Non-stress testing - Non-invasive pre-delivery monitoring to determine your baby’s health.
- C-section deliveries - Surgical suites located for immediate access from birthplace unit. Obstetricians provide 24-hour coverage for your scheduled or emergency delivery.
- Level II nursery - A team of pediatricians, family practice physicians as well as experienced NICU nurses provide care to your premature or ill infant.
- Consultation/referral - Mercy works with Mercy Hospital Joplin for high risk maternal and/or premature/critically ill infants. Several other Kansas City hospitals may also be utilized for the patients individual needs.
- Lactation Counseling - A certified consultant can provide moms with expert breastfeeding information, support, and pumps/supplies for rent or purchase.