Since 1947, the Ada's Auxiliary has been providing services to the hospital in an abundance of ways. In addition to the support services provided, they also host fundraisers and run the Gift Shop to purchase needed items throughout the year. From hand-crocheted baby caps to new flooring in the surgery center waiting area, the Auxiliary provides for Ada, OK in countless ways.
- Surgery Waiting Room – Volunteers serve as liaisons between the Surgery Team, Recovery, and family members of surgery patients, providing personal assistance when needed.
- Gift Shop – Our Gift Shop is run by Volunteers. The Gift Shop is the Auxiliary’s main source of revenue for providing equipment and programs to our hospital.
- Admitting – Volunteers assist the Admission clerks by welcoming patients and escorting patients throughout the hospital.
- Information Desk – Be the first person to greet arriving visitors! Volunteers also escort visitors to areas of the hospital, give out room numbers and make deliveries of mail, flowers, and newspapers to patients’ rooms.
- Patient Representative – Volunteers make daily visits to our new patients to check on their stay and determine if they have any needs.
- O.B./Family Center – Volunteers help out the busy staff by monitoring the entrance of all visitors to the Family Center.
- Office/Clerical Support – Volunteers help individual departments with different tasks.
- Baby Caps/Sewing – Every newborn at VVRH is given a hand-crocheted baby cap. Hundreds of small pillows are distributed to patients, as well as surgery caps for our pediatric surgery patients.
- Chaplaincy – Many area pastors are on our Chaplaincy team. Chaplains must be ordained or licensed ministers.
Get ready to make a difference. Click here for more information. Applications are available in the Auxiliary Department, or you may call 580-421-1466.
In the News
Mercy Hospital Ada Auxiliary and Mercy Health Foundation Ada recently donated a combined $10,000 to purchase 10 Hondo lounge IDD chairs for Behavioral Health to improve safety and comfort. This was the first collaborated hospital gift by the auxiliary and foundation. The Behavioral Health staff and auxiliary are shown enjoying the new chairs in the behavioral health patient group room. Behavorial Health usually runs at 100% capacity so the IDD chairs will be a great addition to a very important unit.
Mercy Hosptial Ada Auxiliary 2015-16 Officers
- Mary Jean Mayhue, President
- Sue McFerran, Vice President
- Shirley Boren, Secretary
- Myrtie Calhoun-Clarke, Treasurer
- D’Esta Hoover, Asst. Treasurer
- Chuck Perry, Parliamentarian