Residency Program Director
Amelia Honey, PharmD, BCPS
100 Mercy Way
Joplin, MO 64804
- 12-month ASHP accredited PGY-1 Pharmacy Practice Residency
- Start date: June 19, 2023
Mercy Hospital Joplin PGY1 pharmacy residency program builds on Doctor of Pharmacy education and outcomes to contribute to the development of clinical pharmacists responsible for medication-related care of patients with a wide range of conditions, eligible for board certification, and eligible for postgraduate year two (PGY2) pharmacy residency training.
Each is a 4 week rotation, unless otherwise noted.
- Orientation/Inpatient Staffing (6 week block and longitudinal)
- Internal Medicine I
- Internal Medicine II
- Critical Care I
- Critical Care II (cardiology focus)
- Antimicrobial Stewardship
- Leadership (longitudinal)
- Ambulatory Care (longitudinal)
- Inpatient Glycemic Management
Residents will select and complete elective rotations throughout the year. Elective rotations will primarily be completed during the last half of the year. Elective experiences will be discussed with incoming residents near the beginning of the year, and arrangements will be made, if possible, to gear experiences toward specific interests of the resident. Some currently available elective opportunities include:
- Infectious Disease
- Practice Management
- Clinical Services Management
- ASHP Listing
- ASHP Code: 64030
- NMS Code: 242813
- Deadline: January 5, 2023
- Letter of intent
- Current CV
- Copy of pharmacy academic transcript(s)
- Letters of recommendation (3)
- November: Beginning on this date, applicants can register for the Match via the shared PhORCAS/Match Portal. The registration portal can be accessed from the Applicant Registration page, or directly at portal.phorcas.org.
- December 31: Recommended date by which applicants should register for the Match
- January 5, 2023: Mercy Hospital Joplin PGY1 PhORCAS submission deadline
- Mid to late January: Mercy Hospital Joplin PGY1 interviews offered via email
- February 13, 2023: Phase 1 Rankings open
- March 3, 2023: Deadline to submit rank list via PhORCAS
- March 15, 2023: Results of Phase I of the Match released to applicants and program directors
- If positions available in Phase II of the Match, deadlines will be provided through PhORCAS and ASHP.
Mercy Hospital Joplin
Mercy Hospital Joplin provides 24/7 comprehensive, hospitalist-led, patient-centric health care for the people of the Joplin region. We offer medical, surgical, cardiac, behavioral health, NICU, and pediatric services.
- Total Beds: 240 licensed
- Average Daily Census: 156
- ICU Beds: 48 (adult)
- Neonatal ICU Beds: 12
- Annual ED Visits: over 39,000
- Storm-reinforced facility
- Level II Trauma Center for Adults
- Nationally-Certified Stroke Center
- STEMI Center
- Cancer Center providing oncology/hematology and infusion services and partnering with our own Sister’s Health Boutique specializing in women’s health care products for breast cancer care.
- Level III Neonatal ICU
- Mercy Co-Worker Benefits: Residents are eligible for health, dental, and vision insurance starting on their first day of work. Other benefits include paid time off and travel stipends for the ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting and Midwest Pharmacy Residency Conference.