Mercy's ongoing commitment to healthcare education is key to supporting our healing ministry. Learn more about our programs and learning experiences:
Graduate Medical Education
Learn more about graduate medical education programs at Mercy:
Learn about available programs at Mercy:
- Clinical Pastoral Education
- Mercy College of Nursing and Health Sciences
- Missouri State School of Anesthesia - Springfield, MO
- School of Clinical Laboratory Science - St. Louis, MO
- School of Medical Laboratory Science - Ardmore, OK
- School of Medical Laboratory Science - Joplin, MO
- School of Medical Laboratory Science - Ada, OK
- School of Radiologic Technology - Springfield, MO
- School of Radiologic Technology - St. Louis, MO
Learn more about pharmacy residency programs at Mercy:
Make a Meaningful Difference as a Mercy Pharmacy Technician
Connect to a career with purpose and help deliver compassionate care and excellent patient experiences to those we serve. Join a supportive team, where you can thrive in your career while supporting our healing ministry.
The Child Life Program at Mercy Kids Hospital in St. Louis offers a child life practicum for individuals who are seeking to pursue the field of Child Life. The practicum is offered in fall and spring semesters. The Child Life program follows the due dates and deadlines the Association of Child Life Professionals deems for internships. The child life practicum is designed as an introductory, observational experience. Student will be introduced to evidence-based, developmentally appropriate interventions including therapeutic play, preparation, and procedural support.
- 100 hours of working with children, 50 hours preferred working with children in the healthcare setting
- Junior year status in a bachelor’s degree program in Child Life or a related field OR Master’s student
- Minimum of 5 courses in child development or a related field
- Practicum hours offered is dependent on the educational requirements from your institution
- Must be affiliated with a university
Practicum Application Process:
- Mercy Child Life Practicum Application
- Academic Transcript; official or unofficial; web-based transcripts will not be accepted
- Cover letter stating why you wish to complete your practicum at our hospital
- One letter of recommendation
Email completed applications to:
Subject line: Initials, semester you are applying for, practicum
Example: CR, Spring 2025, Practicum
Due Dates: Our institute follows the ACLP guidelines for application deadlines, start days, and offer dates, learn more.
Applications must be RECEIVED by deadline
NOTE: Mercy St. Louis does not currently have a Child Life Internship program.