Thank you for your interest in a shadow/observation experience at Mercy. To be considered for a Mercy shadow/observation experience, all requirements must be submitted at least 3 weeks prior to the requested shadow start date.
- Participant is at least 18 years of age.
- Shadowing experience will be 40 hours or less (within one year). Individuals wanting to observe more than 40 hours may volunteer at Mercy.
- Participant will only observe without any hands-on interaction with a patient, medical equipment, medical records, computers, and will not enter an area of contamination such as isolation rooms, soiled linen areas, etc.
Next Steps to Apply
- Find a Mercy co-worker you wish to shadow to be your preceptor. Note: you are responsible to secure a preceptor before filling out the application. Please review the Tips on Finding a Mercy Preceptor.
- Print the Student/Shadow Vaccination Verification form and take it to your school nurse or physician to complete and sign. Email it back to MercyShadowExperiences@mercy.net at least 3 weeks prior to your shadowing start date. Note: You are encouraged, not required, to obtain the COVID-19 vaccine prior to your shadow experience.
- Once you have secured a preceptor to shadow, fill out the online Shadow Application. Note: the application will expire 30 days after application is submitted if all required documents are not received by Mercy.