Mercy Financial Assistance

Uninsured Discounts and Financial Assistance

As a part of our healing ministry, Mercy is committed to providing quality healthcare services to patients regardless of their financial situation. We offer uninsured patient discounts on our hospital services for those who do not have insurance and financial assistance for patients who are in financial need.

Uninsured Patient Discounts

We will provide a discount from the hospital’s regular billed charges to patients who do not have insurance. This includes patients whose financial situation normally would not otherwise qualify them for financial assistance. The discount for all uninsured patients is 35%.

Financial Assistance

Mercy grants hospital and clinic financial assistance to patients for emergency and other medically necessary care based on need as determined by the Federal Poverty Guidelines which consider household income and family size.  Financial assistance is also subject to an asset test.

Mercy Financial Assistance Guidelines

Apply for Financial Assistance

Download and complete an application for financial assistance.

Pay My Bill

Make a payment online, by mail, or by phone.

Additional Financial Assistance

After appropriate discounts have been applied, arrangements may be made for an interest-free, monthly payment plan. If you have concerns about your ability to pay for your care or questions about financial assistance or charity care discounts, please call toll free 855-420-7900.


Excluded Non-Hospital Services

  • Residential Services (note: swing beds are eligible for charity)
  • Retail Pharmacy
  • Optical Shop
  • Private Duty Nursing
  • Corporate Health
  • Integrative Medicine
  • All Professional Services Not Specifically Listed as Included

Services Not Medically Necessary

  • Cosmetic
  • Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehab Phase III
  • Hearing Aids
  • Driving Assessments


  • Arkansas Medicaid Website - or 1-800-457-4454
    This site provides info about Arkansas Medicaid and how to apply. You can either apply online or have the option to print an application out and turn in at your local office. This site also directs you to local office locations.

  • Arkansas Department of Human Services – or 1-501-682-1001
    This site provides information about emergency shelter and food, child care assistance and early education, adult disability programs, nursing home, and assisted living information.

  • Arkansas Department of Health – www.healthy.arkansas.govor 1-800-275-1131
    This site has information about the WIC program, childhood vaccinations and check-ups, women’s health check-ups, and birth and death records.

  • Arkansas Community Action Agency –
    This website has additional housing resources, utility assistance, and Head Start information for early childhood education. Once on the site, if you navigate to the resources link, it will allow you to find your county with the phone numbers for your local office.


  • Illinois Medicaid Website – or 1-800-843-6154
    This website allows you to apply online for Illinois Medicaid, child care assistance, food stamps, and rehabilitation services. You can also submit a change of address form or update income/asset information for previously approved Medicaid applications.

  • Illinois Department of Public Health –
    This website can assist with wellness prevention programs, immunizations, birth and death records, WIC, newborn screenings, and women’s health services. Once on the website, if you click on the Contact Us tab, it will give you a list of phone numbers for the specific department that will be able to assist you.

  • Illinois Association of Community Action Agencies – or 1-217-789-0125
    This site provides information on housing and energy assistance, and the early education program, Head Start.


  • Kansas Medicaid Website – or 1-866-305-5147
    This website allows you to apply for Kansas Medicaid or if you call the number above, someone can also assist you by phone in applying. You can also find answers to some frequently asked questions you might have.

  • Kansas Department of Health and Environment – or 1-785-296-1500
    This website provides information about WIC, child care, childhood immunizations, newborn screenings, check-ups, and birth, death, marriage, and divorce records.

  • Kansas Association of Community Action Programs – or 1-785-234-0878
    This site can help provide information about housing, emergency assistance, transportation, and the Head Start early education program.


  • Missouri Medicaid Website – or 1-855-373-4636
    On this website, you can apply online for Medicaid for Families and Children as well as Medicaid for Pregnancy. There is also information regarding food stamps, child care, and child support information. If you would like to apply for Medicaid Disability benefits, you would have to go into the local FSD office in your area and they will assist you.

  • Missouri Department of Health & Senior Services – or 1-573-751-6400
    Here you will find information about the WIC program, how to apply, and where to find the closest office for assistance. These offices can also assist with childhood immunizations and check-ups. It also includes information on Senior Services such as Nursing Home resources, the need for Home Based services, as well as Adult Day Care.

  • Missouri Association for Community Action – or 1-573-634-2969
    This site will allow you to choose the county you live in and find local community action agencies that may be able to assist with housing resources, energy assistance, as well as WIC and the early education program, Head Start.


  • Oklahoma Medicaid Website – or 1-800-987-7767
    This site will allow you to apply online for Medicaid as well as give you information on Indian Health Services.

  • Oklahoma Association of Community Action Agencies – or 1-405-949-1495
    This site provides information on housing and energy assistance as well as the Head Start, early childhood education program. You can also locate your local office with phone and address information.