The Hembree Cancer Center provides the cancer treatment expertise and care you need right here in Fort Smith. In addition to being convenient, we provide the latest technology and treatment options to fight cancer, and offer patient education services and support programs. Our compassionate cancer care makes us a trusted ally to thousands of Fort Smith patients and their families.
Our center features:
- Intensity modulated radiation therapy (IMRT) treats patients with prostate, head and neck, brain and many other cancers by focusing beams onto carefully targeted tumor cells without harming the surrounding healthy tissue.
- Image guided radiation therapy (IGRT). IGRT technology uses high resolution X-rays to pinpoint tumors seconds before treatment, automatically positioning the patient with millimeter accuracy, and tracks patient movement throughout the procedure.
- CT scanning (for treatment planning) right in the center, without an extra visit to the hospital.
- On-site patient education and assistance from American Cancer Society representatives – everything from support programs to help with nutrition and appearance.
- Easy access with dedicated, covered parking.