Why do I still have pain? Is it going to get better, or worse? Is there anything that will help? When living with chronic pain, it’s easy to get discouraged.
Good news: There are proven strategies and technologies for dealing with pain. At the Mercy Pain Management Surgery Center in Springfield, MO, we know how to help. Since 1997, our experienced team of medical specialists has successfully treated patients by helping them learn how pain changes their brain, body, and their life.
If you are living with chronic pain, call us. We offer you pain management expertise, therapies and technologies that can greatly improve your quality of life.
Mercy Headache Management has providers specially trained in the diagnosis and treatment of difficult to treat headaches. At your initial visit we will assess your history of headaches and design an individualized plan of care just for you.
Multi-Disciplinary Pain Program
About our Program
A comprehensive team approach is the most successful way to treat chronic pain. At Mercy Pain Management Center, you benefit from a team of psychologists and nurses all specially trained to help manage chronic pain disorders. We begin with an evaluation to determine the best treatment plan. Following this initial analysis, our staff will recommend a treatment plan customized to meet your needs.
Types of evaluations we offer
- Behavioral medicine evaluation – allows your health care team to understand the important factors that are keeping you from managing your pain. This will also help us discover what strategies might help.
- Pre-surgical psychological evaluation – helps our team understand your risk of being affected by psychosocial factors after surgery. These factors can lead to changes in your body’s healing, immune functions and pain.
Types of treatment plans that can help
- Intensive chronic pain treatment program – teaches patients to reduce their experience of suffering from chronic pain and develop more optimistic and assertive lifestyles. Treatment includes group behavioral medicine and physical therapy.
- The basics – is an introductory group designed to meet the needs of patients not ready for a more intensive program. Patients learn how to get started with the first steps of pain management.
Types of individual treatments we provide
- Cognitive behavior therapy (CBT)
- Trauma treatment including eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR)
- Relaxation Therapy
For more information about our program, please call 417-820-2170.