Mercy Learning Center is an important program of Mercy Family Center. Our team provides academic support to all children and adolescents including those diagnosed and identified as having learning style differences. We provide an inviting, encouraging learning environment to help kids improve their academic performance. Our intense academic therapy helps us create successful, independent learners. Coupled with Mercy Family Center’s existing services, Mercy Learning Center provides another important service to help children and adolescents through life.
What We Do
We use proven programs and strategies to teach reading, spelling, reading comprehension, listening skills, math computation, math problem solving, handwriting, keyboarding, critical thinking, writing and concept mapping.
We teach and reinforce these skills in many ways:
- Academic therapy for one, two, three hours after school and during the summer.
- One-on-one intensive academic therapy for four hours per day.
- Homework help along with academic therapy after school for one or two hours.
- Intensive instruction in small groups of three (four hours per day).
- Study skills coaching in small groups after school, and during holidays and summer break.
- Student assessments to discover underlying learning problems.
- Assistance with home schooling.
To schedule an appointment, call 985-727-1819 or email us.