Mercy Hospital Northwest Arkansas
Graduate Medical Education
2710 S. Rife Medical Lane
Rogers, AR 72758
Northwest Arkansas Internal Medicine Residency
Mercy Hospital Northwest Arkansas (NWA) provides opportunities for both men and women seeking clinical education experiences in ambulatory and inpatient care settings. Mercy Hospital NWA also provides internal medicine subspecialty training with a well-developed intensive care and hospitalist model of patient care.
The Mercy Hospital NWA experience offers physicians a patient population of older adults with chronic conditions in a community hospital setting. Mercy Hospital NWA also has the largest group of practicing rheumatologists, providing the appropriate elective experience in this discipline.
In addition, Mercy Hospital NWA is also a primary site for training in several non-internal medicine subspecialty rotations. Training for state-of-the-art medical care is also available, via a telemedicine link to other network hospitals, which allows residents to achieve the expected milestones of a systems-based practice.
UAMS-NW Internal Medicine Residency Program
Mercy Hospital Northwest Arkansas is part of the UAMS-NW Internal Medicine Residency Program, which is a fully accredited community-based program with the Department of Internal Medicine in the UAMS College of Medicine.
Quick Program Information
NRMP Program Code: 1871140C0
ACGME Program Code: 1400400924
Program Name: Internal Medicine
Institution Name: U Arkansas-Fayetteville Community Progs
GME Application Timeline
Applicants of the Graduate Medical Education program should follow the timeline below when deciding to apply for placement:
- September 1, 2020: Applicants begin submitting applications to residency programs via Electronic Residency Application Service® (ERAS®)
- October 21, 2020: Residency programs begin reviewing applications via ERAS® following the release of Medical Student Performance Evaluations to programs.
- November 1, 2020: Deadline for ERAS® applications to the UAMS NW Internal Medicine Residency Program
- October 2020 to January 2021: Applicant Virtual Zoom Interviews at UAMS-NW (via ERAS® e-mail invitation only)
- February 1, 2021: National Resident Matching Program (NRMP) rank order list entry starts (third Wednesday)
- March 3, 2021: Deadline to certify NRMP rank order list (third Wednesday)
- March 15, 2021: NRMP Match Week begins
- March 17, 2021: Supplemental Offer and Acceptance Program (SOAP) Round 1 & 2
- March 18, 2021: SOAP Round 3 & 4
- March 19, 2021: NRMP Match Day (third Friday)
- June 17 to 30, 2021: Mandatory orientation at all hospital sites (two weeks)
- July 1, 2021: Academic year starts (July–June cycle)
Application Contact Information:
UAMS-NW Internal Medicine Residency
College of Medicine, Room M19
1125 North College Avenue
Fayetteville, AR 72703-1908
GME at Mercy Hospital Northwest Arkansas
At Mercy Hospital NWA, residents will not only receive a quality education, but also valuable hands-on experience to complete their internal medicine training. At Mercy, we are pioneering a new model of care and welcome those who share our passion to get health care right.