Thank you for your interest in an Individual Learning Experience at Mercy. To ensure you have the correct access, the application and all requirements must be submitted at least 3 weeks prior to your start date.
- Participant must be at least 18 years of age or participating in a program with an Academic Affiliation Agreement on file with Mercy
- Students requesting clinical experiences must be enrolled in a program with an Academic Affiliation Agreement on file with Mercy
Requirements prior to applying for a rotation
- Students are responsible for finding their own preceptor. Click here for suggestions for finding a preceptor at Mercy. Note: a preceptor must be obtained prior to submitting an application
- Immunizations, background check and urine drug screen must be on file with the student’s school and, if not, immunizations are to be provided to Mercy by the student using the Student/Shadow Vaccination Verification form and sent to the email address below.
- Proof of Flu immunization form must be submitted to Mercy if the requested rotation falls between October 1 - March 31 (dates subject to change per CDC). Submit the Student/Shadow Vaccination Verification form to email address below.
- Provide proof of malpractice insurance (only for clinical experience).
- Provide a Letter of Good Standing submitted from the student’s school.
- Submit the application at least 3 weeks prior to experience start date.
- You will be contacted via email upon receipt of application.
- Review the Dress Code and Student Identification policy.
- Please do not submit an application more than 60 days prior to your start date. If you submit the application greater than 60 days out, your application will automatically be denied.
Next Steps to Apply
- Complete immunization form (for flu and/or if other immunizations not on file at school)
- Provide proof of malpractice insurance (only for clinical experience)
- Have your school provide the Letter of Good Standing
- Submit required documents within 30 days of submitting the application to: MercyStudentExperiences@mercy.net
- Once you have secured a Mercy preceptor, fill out the online application.