Thank you for your interest in an Individual Learning Experience at Mercy. The application and all requirements must be submitted at least 3 weeks prior to your start date in order to work through all onboarding requirements..
- Participant must be at least 18 years of age (any exceptions are outlined in the Academic Affiliation Agreement with certain schools/programs)
- Students requesting an individual experience must be enrolled in a program with an Academic Affiliation Agreement on file between Mercy and the named school program.
NOTE: In response to the risks of the COVID-19 pandemic and its impact in our healthcare setting, Mercy requires all students to have completed the COVID vaccine series before doing a learning experience at Mercy. A copy of your COVID vaccination card is required BEFORE your rotation will be approved if you will be at Mercy after September 30, 2021.
Mercy does not grant any exemptions or exceptions for students for COVID vaccine compliance.
If your program does not have an academic affiliation agreement with the Mercy facility where you are requesting a rotation, have your school representative contact us at MercyStudentExperiences@mercy.net to start the process.
Requirements for a Mercy Rotation
- Students are responsible for finding their own preceptor. Click here for suggestions for finding a preceptor at Mercy. Note: a preceptor must be obtained prior to submitting an application
- Immunizations must be on file at your school. If not, you will be required to obtain and submit those independently to Mercy using the Student/Shadow Vaccination Verification form
- If your rotation is between October 1 - March 31 and your school requires you to submit the flu vaccine documentation to us, the documentation must include: Student’s name, the vaccine lot number, who administered it and date of administration. (Note: Mercy coworkers do not have to submit this information as it is already on file at Mercy)
- A background check and a 9-panel urine drug screen (minimum) must have been completed any time after you were accepted into your school’s program and be on file with your school. If not, you will be required to obtain and submit results independently to Mercy. Send results to MercyStudentExperiences@mercy.net.
- Provide proof of malpractice insurance (only if you are not covered under your school’s insurance policy).
- Provide the Letter of Good Standing. This must be sent to us by only your school. Note: you do not need to send any immunization records, background check, urine drug screen results or proof of malpractice insurance if your program attests to all being on file at the school using Mercy’s Letter of Good Standing template.
- Submit the application at least 3 weeks prior to experience start date.
- You will be contacted via email upon receipt of application.
- Submit the application at least 3 weeks prior to your rotation start date but not more than 60 days prior to start date.
- Review the Dress Code and Student Identification policy.
- Submit a copy of your COVID vaccination card to MercyStudentExperiences@mercy.net (Note: Mercy coworkers do not have to submit this information as it is already on file at Mercy)
Next Steps to Apply
- Once you have secured a Mercy preceptor, fill out the online application.
- Remind your school to submit the Letter of Good Standing
using the Mercy template (the template will also be sent to the school coordinator that you name on your application).
- Submit any required documents (only if not on file at your school) along with a copy of your COVID vaccine card to: MercyStudentExperiences@mercy.net after submitting an online application.