WASHINGTON, Mo. - More than 25 leaders and providers with Mercy Clinic Four Rivers and Mercy Hospital Washington recently participated in a fundraiser for the Make-A-Wish Foundation, a group that aims to grant the wish of every child diagnosed with a critical illness.
Everyone who volunteered had a container with their photo placed on it where Mercy co-workers, patients and team members could donate funds. The top three fundraising individuals with both Mercy Clinic Four Rivers and Mercy Hospital Washington would then get a "pie in the face."
Photos of the lucky winners receiving their pies are included in the gallery below.
- Dr. Robert Halsted, Mercy Clinic Internal Medicine - Patients First Drive
- Alan Smith, vice president of operations, Mercy Clinic Four Rivers
- Kim Davis, director of operations, Mercy Clinic Four Rivers
- Bill Hellebusch, support services director, Mercy Hospital Washington
- Jon Sullivan, ancillary services director, Mercy Hospital Washington
- Susan Duck, emergency department manager, Mercy Hospital Washington
- Amelia Payne, patient safety manager, Mercy Hospital Washington
During the donation period, more than $896 was raised for the charity at Mercy Clinic Four Rivers locations, with an additional $2,100 raised at Mercy Hospital Washington. In total, Mercy co-workers, leaders, patients and team members raised over $3,000 for the Make-A-Wish Foundation!
To further encourage participation in the event, a friendly competition was held between Mercy Clinic Four Rivers and Mercy Hospital Washington to see which location could raise more funds during the week. Getting into the spirit, leaders Eric Eoloff, president, Mercy Hospital Washington and Dr. David Chalk, president, Mercy Clinic Four Rivers, agreed to be the targets.
Mercy Hospital Washington raised more funds in total than Mercy Clinic Four Rivers, leaving Eoloff on the hook to be pied by Dr. Chalk. Stay tuned to Mercy's Facebook page for photos/video of that event soon.
To learn more about the Make-A-Wish Foundation and their mission, visit the organization's website by clicking here.
To learn more about Mercy providers in your area, click here.