- Level III Trauma Center
- Emergency Department
- Intensive Care Unit
- Transitional Care Unit
- Cancer Center
- Bariatric Center
- Labor and Delivery
- Chest Pain Center
- Cardiac Catheterization Labs
- Outpatient Surgery Centers
- Urgent Care and Convenient Care Clinics
- 1926: Three story, 50-bed hospital opened, named St. Francis Hospital
- 1976: St. Francis Hospital merged with Mercy in St. Louis, bringing it under the management of the Sisters of Mercy
- 1982: Became St. John's Mercy Hospital
- 2011: Renamed Mercy Hospital Washington
Just the Facts
- Offers MyMercy, a free service, allows patients to connect online with their doctors, plus see medical information, view test results, renew prescriptions, schedule appointments and e-visits using a personal computer, tablet or smartphone.
- The only state designated Level III Trauma Center located between St. Louis and Jefferson City
- Designated Level II Stroke Center by Missouri Department of Health and Human Services.
- Offering 24/7 patient care with hospitalists and intensivists; two cardiac catheterization labs; accredited cardiac rehabilitation center.
- Specialties: Anesthesia, Audiology, Bariatrics, Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery, Dermatology, ENT, GI, Heart and Vascular, Wound Care, Neurology, Nuclear Medicine, OB/GYN, Ophthalmology, Oncology, Orthopedic Surgery, Pain Management, PET/CT, Plastic/Reconstructive Surgery, Podiatry, Pulmonology, Sleep Medicine, Surgical Specialists, Urology, Women’s Health
- Serving about 180,000 patients living and working in Bourbon, Cuba, Eureka, Fenton, Gerald, Hermann, Marthasville, New Haven, Owensville, Pacific, St. Clair, Steelville, Sullivan, Union, Warrenton, Washington and Wentzville.
- Quality & Patient Safety
- Accredited by The Joint Commission
- Mercy Hospital Washington's GI Lab and associated endoscopy centers are certified by the American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, a leading gastrointestinal medical society.
- American Heart Association Gold Plus Award for Stroke Care
- Accredited by the Society of Chest Pain Centers - one of 22 facilities in Missouri and one of seven in the St. Louis area.
- Mercy Clinic Women's Health - Washington is certified through the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists' Safety Certification in Outpatient Excellence for Women's Health program.
- Earned an “A” grade from Leapfrog Group based on preventing medical errors, accidents and infections.
- Certified Bariatric Center of Excellence
- Becker's Healthcare included Mercy Hospital Washington on their list of 100 Great Community Hospitals in 2019.
- Named a 2019 "Top Hospital" by The Leapfrog Group - a designation achieved by fewer than six percent of hospitals across the nation.
By the Numbers (Fiscal Year 2019)
- Total Beds: 148
- Clinic and Outpatient Facilities: 20
- Co-workers: 1,706
- Mercy Clinic Physicians:148
- Acute Inpatient Discharges: 6,723
- Surgeries (Inpatient and
- Emergency Visits: 38,034
- Births: 848
- Outpatient Visits: 317,288
- Traditional Charity Care: $5.08 million
- Other Community Benefits: $483,000