- Level III Trauma Center
- Emergency Department
- Intensive Care Unit
- Transitional Care Unit
- Cancer Center
- Bariatric Center
- Labor and Delivery
- Chest Pain Center
- Cardiac Catheterization Labs
- Outpatient Surgery Centers
- Urgent Care and Convenient Care Clinics
- 1926: Three story, 50-bed hospital opened, named St. Francis Hospital
- 1976: St. Francis Hospital merged with Mercy in St. Louis, bringing it under the management of the Sisters of Mercy
- 1982: Became St. John's Mercy Hospital
- 2011: Renamed Mercy Hospital Washington
Just the Facts
- Offers MyMercy, a free service, allows patients to connect online with their doctors, plus see medical information, view test results, renew prescriptions, schedule appointments and e-visits using a personal computer, tablet or smartphone.
- The only state designated Level III Trauma Center located between St. Louis and Jefferson City
- Designated Level II Stroke Center by Missouri Department of Health and Human Services.
- Offering 24/7 patient care with hospitalists and intensivists; two cardiac catheterization labs; accredited cardiac rehabilitation center.
- Specialties: Anesthesia, Audiology, Bariatrics, Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery, Dermatology, ENT, GI, Heart and Vascular, Wound Care, Neurology, Nuclear Medicine, OB/GYN, Ophthalmology, Oncology, Orthopedic Surgery, Pain Management, PET/CT, Plastic/Reconstructive Surgery, Podiatry, Pulmonology, Sleep Medicine, Surgical Specialists, Urology, Women’s Health
- Serving about 180,000 patients living and working in Bourbon, Cuba, Eureka, Fenton, Gerald, Hermann, Marthasville, New Haven, Owensville, Pacific, St. Clair, Steelville, Sullivan, Union, Warrenton, Washington and Wentzville.
- Quality & Patient Safety
- Accredited by The Joint Commission
- Mercy Hospital Washington's GI Lab and associated endoscopy centers are certified by the American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, a leading gastrointestinal medical society.
- American Heart Association Gold Plus Award for Stroke Care
- Accredited by the Society of Chest Pain Centers - one of 22 facilities in Missouri and one of seven in the St. Louis area.
- Mercy Clinic Women's Health - Washington is certified through the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists' Safety Certification in Outpatient Excellence for Women's Health program.
- Earned an “A” grade from Leapfrog Group based on preventing medical errors, accidents and infections.
- Certified Bariatric Center of Excellence
- Becker's Healthcare included Mercy Hospital Washington on their list of 100 Great Community Hospitals in 2019.
- Named a 2019 "Top Hospital" by The Leapfrog Group - a designation achieved by fewer than six percent of hospitals across the nation.
Mercy, named one of the top five large U.S. health systems for four consecutive years (2016 to 2019) by IBM Watson Health, serves millions annually. Mercy includes more than 40 acute care, managed and specialty (heart, children's, orthopedic and rehab) hospitals, 900 physician practices and outpatient facilities, 45,000 co-workers and 2,400 Mercy Clinic physicians in Arkansas, Kansas, Missouri and Oklahoma. Mercy also has clinics, outpatient services and outreach ministries in Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi and Texas. In addition, Mercy's IT division, Mercy Technology Services, and Mercy Virtual commercially serve providers and patients from coast to coast.
By the Numbers (Fiscal Year 2019)
- Total Beds: 148
- Clinic and Outpatient Facilities: 20
- Co-workers: 1,706
- Mercy Clinic Physicians:148
- Acute Inpatient Discharges: 6,723
- Surgeries (Inpatient and
- Emergency Visits: 38,034
- Births: 848
- Outpatient Visits: 317,288
- Traditional Charity Care: $5.08 million
- Other Community Benefits: $483,000