These restrictions were last updated June 21, 2021.
Mercy has adopted leading industry protocols to ensure the highest quality and safety standards that keep our patients, co-workers and visitors as safe as possible while on our campus. As community COVID-19 cases fluctuate, Mercy Hospital St. Louis is revising its visitation policies, as well as campus guidelines in certain areas.
We appreciate your patience and understanding as Mercy’s response evolves and various protocols are updated. Ultimately, the goal is to maintain the safest environment possible for our patients and co-workers.
Hospital Visitor Restrictions
- Visitation hours: 7 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Patients receiving care may now have two patient representatives (visitors) per day.
- Pediatric patients may have two designated visitors (age 18+) on the inpatient units for the duration of their stay.
- Inpatient Behavioral Health will continue with no visitors at this time, apart from inpatient child/adolescent areas where one parent per day is allowed.
- Due to space constraints and the goal to make safe social distancing possible, infusion patients may not have patient representatives/visitors with them for infusion appointments; however, one patient representative is welcome to accompany them for consults and follow-up appointments.
- Out of an abundance of caution, patients who have tested positive for COVID-19, as well as those with pending test results, may not have a patient representative at this time.
- All patient representatives must be ages 16 years and older.
- Co-workers, patients and campus patient representatives are required to wear face masks at all times. Patient and their representatives are encouraged to bring their own masks with them, in addition to practicing proper hand hygiene.
- The Mercy Hospital cafeterias are open, but individuals in this area are asked to observe safe social distancing practices, standing at an appropriate distance from others. Individuals making food selections or waiting in lines are asked to wear a mask until they begin eating.
- Social distancing measures should be observed when using elevators.
- Furniture has been spaced at appropriate distances throughout the campus. Individuals are asked not to congregate in groups in common areas.
- Mercy will be continuing to maintain rigorous cleaning protocols at all locations during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Clinic Visitor Restrictions
- Two visitors ages 18 years and older per clinic patient.
- Those serving as interpreters or acting as health care power of attorney are not considered visitors and are welcome in our clinics.
- Young children may also accompany parents/guardians if childcare isn’t available.