Mercy Carthage Services
- 24-hour Emergency Department
- 3-D Mammograms
- Mobile Mammograms
- Cardiology and Heart Care
- Cardiopulmonary Therapy
- Diabetes Education
- Direct Digital Imaging
- Family Medicine at Hazel and Medical Park
- Home Health
- Imaging services
- Infusion Therapy
- Laboratory Services
- Nuclear Medicine
- Oncology and Hematology
- Pain Management
- Occupational Medicine
- Sleep Center
- Sports Medicine
- Surgery (General and Mini-Gastric Bypass)
- Therapy for Cardiac, Occupational, Physical and Speech-Language
- Women’s health
- 1907 - First patient admitted to the new Carthage Hospital.
- 1929 – New, larger hospital was opened and named McCune-Brooks after doctors Brooks and McCune.
- 2008 – New hospital was constructed at 3125 Dr Russell Smith Way in Carthage and named McCune-Brooks Regional Hospital.
- 2012 – McCune-Brooks joins Mercy and becomes Mercy Hospital Carthage.
Just the Facts
- Among the first health care organizations in the U.S. to have a comprehensive, integrated electronic health record that provides real-time, paperless access to patient information.
- MyMercy, a free service, allows patients to connect online with their doctors, plus see medical information, view test results, renew prescriptions and schedule appointments and e-visits using a personal computer, tablet or Smartphone.
- Direct Digital Imaging and Certified Mammography Program
- Video Remote Interpreting (VRI). Offers professional medical interpreting accessibility, which in turn allows for better communication between caregivers, patients and their family which is integral to quality and safety.
- Mercy Meds electronic medication administration system improves safety by monitoring medications and dosage through computerized, bar-coded technology.
- Quality & Patient Safety
- Mercy Hospital Carthage consistently ranks above 90 percent for inpatient satisfaction.
- Recognized for Quality Improvement in management of Pneumonia readmission.
- Mercy Hospital Carthage has ranked within the top 60 highest critical access hospitals (CAHs) in the country, as determined by iVantage Health Analytics, in 2012 and 2013.
- Named “Most Wired” by the American Hospital Association for health information technology.
About Mercy Overall
By the Numbers (Fiscal Year 2018)
- Acute Licensed Beds: 25
- Clinic and Outpatient Facilities: 6
- Co-workers: 265
- Mercy Clinic Physicians: 8
- Acute Inpatient Discharges: 567
- Surgeries (Inpatient and Outpatient): 596
- Emergency Visits: 16,749
- Outpatient Visits: 59,927
- Traditional Charity Care and Unreimbursed Cost of Medicaid: $684,000
- Other Community Benefits: $1,000