Mercy Ministries of Laredo provides primary healthcare services to the neediest residents of Webb County who are looking for a doctor. Mercy’s doctors focus on prevention and control of chronic illness through education and patient compliance. Patients are coached to become advocates of their own health. Mercy is not a free clinic. Patients make co-pays for their services based on the outcome of their financial screening. Ninety nine percent of our patients are uninsured and fall below federal poverty guidelines. We believe in providing mercy to all.
To make an appointment, please call 956-718-6810.
- Advocacy - for the needs of the medically underserved
- Adult Dental Care - for our existing client base, basic services including cleanings, fillings and simple dental extractions
- Cancer Program – cancer screenings, physician visits, and medications to underserved cancer patients in collaboration with a local oncologist
- Diabetes Center - routine medical exams, medication counseling and diabetes education classes, eye and foot exams, glucose testing/supplies, nutrition/physical education
- General Medicine - chronic illnesses, acute episodes
- Health Education - disease-specific preventive health guidelines that allow people to become proactively involved in their own care
- Medication Assistance – low-cost or free medications to those qualified; focus on those with chronic illnesses. Assist patients in applying for free medication.
- Mobile Clinic –mobile medical services for inner city, rural and colonia sites
- Outreach and Education – Outreach and case management program utilizing promotor(a) system (certified community health workers) to relay information about individual health, preventive measures, and disease management
- Social Services - social workers and case managers assist patients with referrals and/or follow-up
- Women's Health Services - breast/cervical cancer screenings, dysplasia, GYN referrals
Services are provided to the uninsured on a sliding scale at 250% of poverty, based on income and family size. All clients and patients must verify Webb County residence.