Mercy Behavioral Health provides education, prevention and treatment services for psychiatric illness and chemical dependency covering patients of all ages – senior adults, adults, adolescents and children. In keeping with Mercy’s mission and values, we are committed to serving patients with compassion, dignity and respect.
We offer both outpatient and hospital care services that include professional counseling and medication therapy as needed.
For individuals who suffer with both a psychiatric illness and chemical dependency, we offer specialized dual-diagnosis treatment. Treatment includes individual and group counseling, relapse-prevention techniques and the ongoing support of the 12-step programs of Alcoholics Anonymous, Gamblers Anonymous and other addiction-recovery support groups.
Other behavioral health services available through Mercy Behavioral Health include:
- Aftercare following adult chemical dependency and dual-diagnosis treatment, and adolescent treatment
- 24-hour evaluation
- Psychological and psycho-educational testing
- Two clinics staffed by psychiatrists board-certified in Child/Adolescent Psychiatry
- Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT)
- Support groups such as AA, NA, OCD, Al-Anon
- Family education and therapy
- Adolescent group therapy
- Chemical dependency information classes
Mercy Behavioral Health offers free, confidential evaluations for anyone who has a concern about a psychiatric, behavioral or addictive disorder. Evaluations, as well as referrals to physicians or community resources, are available 24 hours a day. Call 314-251-4845.