Mercy has adopted leading industry protocols to ensure the highest quality and safety standards that keep our patients, co-workers and visitors as safe as possible while on our campus. Although Mercy still encourages limited visitation to keep unnecessary interaction at a minimum, Mercy Hospital Ada and Mercy Clinic are revising their visitation policies, as well as campus guidelines in certain areas.
We appreciate your patience and understanding as Mercy’s response evolves and various protocols are updated. Ultimately, the goal is to maintain the safest environment possible for our patients and co-workers.
Please review the following guidelines, effective June 3, 2020:
Hospital Visitor Restrictions
- Patients receiving inpatient care may now have one patient representative per room. Inpatient visiting hours are 8 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Patients receiving outpatient procedures may be accompanied by one patient representative.
- Emergency department patients may be accompanied by one patient representative.
- Birthplace patients may have two patient representatives per room.
- Due to space constraints and the goal to make safe social distancing possible, infusion patients may not have patient representatives/visitors with them for infusion appointments; however, one patient representative is welcome to accompany them for consults and follow-up appointments.
- Out of an abundance of caution, patients who have tested positive for COVID-19, as well as those with pending test results, may not have a patient representative at this time.
- Mercy Clinic patients may be accompanied by one patient representative.
- All patient representatives must be ages 16 and up.
- All individuals entering the Mercy Hospital Ada and Mercy Clinic campuses will be screened for symptoms upon arrival. Co-workers and campus patient representatives are required to wear face masks at all times. Patient representatives are encouraged to bring their own masks with them, in addition to practicing proper hand hygiene.
- The Mercy Hospital Oklahoma Ada cafeteria is open, but individuals in this area are asked to observe safe social distancing practices, standing at an appropriate distance from others. Individuals making food selections or waiting in lines are asked to wear a mask until they begin eating.
- Elevator use at all Mercy Hospital Ada is restricted to two individuals at one time. Co-workers are asked to use service elevators.
- Furniture has been spaced at appropriate distances throughout the campus. Individuals are asked not to congregate in groups in common areas.
- Mercy will be continuing to maintain rigorous cleaning protocols at all locations during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Clinic Visitor Restrictions
- One visitor 18 or older per clinic patient
- Those serving as interpreters or acting as health care power of attorney are not considered visitors and are welcome in our clinics.
- Young children may also accompany parents/guardians if childcare isn’t available.