Many forms of cancer are more treatable today than ever before. Mercy Cancer Services focuses on supporting you mentally, emotionally … even spiritually. We also believe prevention and screening are important parts of maintaining health. Whether you’re seeking treatment or simply learning about your risk factors, you can be sure you’re in good hands with our caring, knowledgeable staff from specialties including medical oncology, surgery, radiology and radiation oncology. Our oncology patient navigators will also help you through your cancer treatment journey.
Your life and your cancer care is our life’s work. It’s important to us that you not only receive the expertise and cancer treatment options you deserve, but an equal measure of kindness and respect. The Mercy Cancer Services team in St. Louis, MO honors the dignity, values, needs and opinions of each patient we treat, and that can make a big difference in your life.
A new treatment option offered by Radiation Oncology at both Mercy Hospital St. Louis and Mercy Hospital Washington could help extend the life of newly -diagnosed brain tumor patients.
You (and your doctor) may choose Mercy Cancer Services in St. Louis for many reasons:
- Our board-certified, experienced team of cancer specialists (medical oncologists, surgical oncologists and radiation oncologists) can treat your specific cancer effectively.
- We develop customized cancer care plans that fit your individual medical situation.
- We involve you in your own care from the start. We help you understand treatment options and help you make the best choices for you and your family.
- We support you as we take the time to listen to your concerns, answer your questions and meet your unique needs.
- We provide a cancer survivor rehabilitation program (STAR) to help you regain your health to have the best quality of life following your cancer treatment.
No matter what kind of cancer you’re facing, we’ll help you with a unique combination of sophisticated conventional treatment, integrative therapies and a supportive, healing environment.
We treat many kinds of cancers, including:
Our digital imaging system connects all of our imaging, radiation and nuclear medicine equipment, so images and test results are instantly available to physicians. This means you and your doctor can discuss results and make treatment decisions in a timely manner.
The David C. Pratt Cancer Center is accredited with commendation by the Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons, a distinction given to only one in five health care facilities in the country. We also participate in clinical studies for every major type of cancer, giving our patients access to the latest therapies.
We recommend you get the cancer screenings that will help detect cancer at early stages: mammograms beginning at age 40, colonoscopies at age 50, skin cancer screenings at the first sign of unusual moles or markings on your skin and lung cancer CT screenings if you have been a smoker.
The American Cancer Society recommends annual mammograms beginning at the age of 40. Visit one of our Mercy Breast Centers to schedule yours today:
- Mercy Breast Center - Medical Tower A
- Mercy Breast Center - Clayton-Clarkson
- Mercy Imaging Services - Old Tesson
- Mercy Imaging Services - Northwest
You can visit us at one of our scheduled locations, or arrange to have us visit your business, community organization or church group and provide fast and professional screenings on-site. The actual screening takes just 15 minutes and is performed by registered female technologists from Mercy Breast Center. Check out our schedule:
Call 314-251-6300 or 800-446-3742 to schedule.