- Patients are expected to participate in 15 hours of therapy each week (usually three hours of therapy per day, five days a week).
- Tobacco use is prohibited.
- Patients are not permitted to leave the hospital with family or friends unless ordered by the physician in the medical record.
- Offensive or disruptive behavior not related to the patient's medical diagnosis is not permitted.
What to expect
We’re here for you and our focus is to provide you with the appropriate level of care to help you reach your maximum potential.
We offer three hours of therapy, five days a week, with additional therapy offered on weekends. Visiting hours are from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., seven days a week. Please keep in mind that our patients are periodically in and out of their rooms throughout the day. Here is what you can expect on a typical day at Mercy Rehabilitation Hospital:
- In the morning, patients prepare for their first rehab session. During this time they receive scheduled medications, have vital signs recorded, get assistance with personal hygiene, dress and have breakfast.
- After the first rehab session is complete, it’s time for lunch. We encourage our patients to come to our dining room to have lunch, but they are more than welcome to have lunch in their rooms and get some extra rest before going to their afternoon therapy session.
- In the afternoon, patients participate in their second rehab session of the day.Once therapy has been completed for the day, patients are assisted back to their rooms for some additional rest prior to dinner.
If you have any further questions, please call our admissions department at 405-384-5250.